RESEARCH PROJECT FOR STRENGTHENING CAPACITIES FOR THE PROVISION OF THE ENERGY SERVICE OF SAN ANDRÉS
EMPRESA DE ENERGÍA DEL ARCHIPIÉLAGO DE SAN ANDRÉS, PROVIDENCIA Y SANTA CATALINA
MEANING OF THINK GREEN
- Technology with an environmental and sustainable vision.
- Projects that change the way we conceive energy generation and consumption.
- Caring for the environment as a central axis in the development of technological solutions in the archipelago.
RESEARCH PROJECT FOR STRENGTHENING CAPACITIES FOR THE PROVISION OF THE ENERGY SERVICE OF SAN ANDRES
- General Objetive:
- Increase the scientific and technological knowledge of alternatives in EE and NCRES for the provision of energy service in the Department.
- Specific objetives.
- Evaluate EE and NCRES alternatives to increase knowledge in the application of technologies in NIZ.
- Generate tools for decision-making based on reliable information.
- Generate human talent capacities of the region in EE and NCRES.
- Generation of energy through the use of fossil fuels.
- High environmental impact in power generation.
- Little knowledge of EE and NCRES.
- Lack of reliable information for decision making.
1962 – 100% DIESEL Energy
2021– 99,99% DIESEL Energy
- Collection of information that allows making substantive decisions about the Department’s energy basket.
- Energy efficiency pilots that allow establishing the behavior of EE and NCRES technologies in an environment of real use in the Department.
- Increase knowledge in EE and NCRES in the Department.
RETROFIT HOSPITAL PILOT
- Generating electricity using solar panels at Clarence Lynd Newball Hospital.
- 134 kWp peaks of photovoltaic solar energy, 320 panels installed in the hospital parking lot.
- Take advantage of its exclusive electrical circuit.
- Take advantage of its hotel-like behavior.
PILOTO ELECTRIC VEHICLES
- Acquisition and commissioning of three (3) cars, three (3) motorcycles, and two (2) scooters, all powered by electric power, which will be charged through solar-powered charging stations, installed in the Government, EEDAS and the National University.
- SUV-type electric vehicles with a capacity of 5 passengers and off-road characteristics with more than 400 km of autonomy.
- Multipurpose electric motorcycles, with a range of 110 km.
Insular platform for measurement, monitoring and analysis
- Collection of data from the pilots.
- Data processing and analysis generating information about the installed systems.
- Generation of knowledge that allows making decisions about energy production in the Department.
INCREASE OF KNOWLEDGE
- Master’s degrees in EE and NCRES aimed at professionals from the department.
- Courses, workshops, diplomas that allow the socialization of technology and existing solutions in EE and NCRES among the population of San Andrés Providencia and Santa Catalina.
- Collect information that allows decision-making.
- Train the human resources of the department in EE and NCRES.